Monday, January 9, 2012

On a miserable day it's good to . . .

. . . do a re-cap of my favorite teaching moments:

Year 3: Taking students to see a classical music concert inspired by World War I

Year 4: Having students transcribe a Civil War soldiers' complete correspondence

Year 7: The culture I built with that legendary ninth grade class, a relationship so solid I could announce a topic to them and give them the choice how we covered it

Year 8: 1st period throws me a party when Sam was born

Year 10: turning around a student teacher and an honors class that lost their groove

Year 12: making a class of 34 in a section of AP U.S. actually work

Year 13: helping a colleague through an illness and seeing some of my kids rise to the moment by learning how to teach themselves

Year 14: Jazz Tuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment