Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Career Goals

Does this make sense?

Three interrelated career goals for the intermediate term: excellence at teaching history, elevating the craft of my colleagues as a staff developer, curriculum leadership.

Developing presentations and workshops for . . .

  • teaching research skills
  • alternative unit assessments
  • teaching writing in the content area
  • incorporating current events into the classroom

So, what I do outside the classroom must . . .

  • elevate my craft in teaching history 
  • serve my colleagues as a staff developer
  • further my credentials, experience, and knowledge base as a staff developer
The troubled 2011-12 school year has given me time to reflect on my need to focus and specialize.  Jacks of all trades are useful.  I'm looking to become valuable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment